Why You Should Drink Less Bottled Water
We all use bottled water at one time or another to satisfy our need for “clean and fresh”. And that’s true whether at home or on the go.
But legions of people across the land overdo it, thus creating an ecological menace. Consider these very real and alarming statistics:
- Plastic bottles take 700 years to begin composting
- 90% of the cost of bottled water is due to the bottle itself
- 80% of plastic bottles are not recycled
- 38 million plastic bottles go to the dump per year in America from bottled water (not including soda)
- 24 million gallons of oil are needed to produce a billion plastic bottles
Anytime bottled water is your only clean water solution, please recycle. But for just about every other clean water need, a home water filtration system is the better choicer. These are the two types we most often recommend and install:
- Point-of-use (also called “under sink”) water filters remove lead and other impurities as you draw water from your faucet. The water tank and filter are installed under your sink, and we have different size tanks to accommodate your average daily consumption. Each point-of-use system comes with its own dedicated faucet, and we offer multiple styles and options to suit your décor and personal taste.
- Whole-house water filters provide clean, purified water from every water source in your home, including your washing machine, dishwasher, faucets, shower, and all the rest. This is the solution for people who want clean, soft, and filtered water – no substitutions, please!
More Benefits of Filtered Water.
- Water filters greatly reduce the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from drinking water.
- Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters provide the last line of defense between the body and the over 2,100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
And, of course, you’ll save money on bottled water, about 40% of which is nothing more than tap water. Plus, did you know that about 90% of the cost to manufacture bottled water is for the bottle?
To learn more about your water filtration options and which type of system is best for your family’s needs and budget, contact Norhio Plumbing today. We’re your local water filtration specialists.