Enjoy Unlimited Hot Water with a Tankless Water Heater
If you’re ready to replace your water heater, you have more options than ever. And that’s literally true thanks to new technologies and a relatively new government mandate for greater energy efficiency.
For purposes of this blog, let’s assume you have either an electric or gas storage tank water heater. Most people still do, but there’s an up and comer that’s making steady games in hopes of one day taking over first place: gas tankless water heaters.
Here’s what they offer that storage tank water heaters don’t:
- With the right size system, you can enjoy an unlimited supply of hot water.
- A system lifespan up to 20 years vs. 10-12 years for storage tank models.
- With a tankless system, you won’t grow old waiting for your water to get hot. And that’s just one way a tankless system can help lower your energy costs.
- Your current storage tank heats water 24/7 so it’s ready when you need it. A tankless system, by contrast, provides hot water “on demand” without the constant need to keep the water heated. Thus, even greater energy savings.
Here’s something else you’re bound to like about a tankless water heater: added storage space. Maybe not a ton but, in some households, every little bit counts. A tankless heat exchanger is roughly the size of a briefcase and is wall-mounted, and that’s where the added storage space comes from.
So, if you’re tired of rationing your hot water supply to ensure everyone has enough, contact Norhio Plumbing for more information about your several new water heater options, including a gas tankless system. It’s a smart and longer-lasting solution.
Why You Need an Annual Water Heater Inspection
Water heating accounts for approximately 14 percent of your home’s annual energy costs. That makes it the third largest source of energy consumption in your home, trailing only your heating and cooling systems in that department.
That’s reason enough to schedule a water heater tune-up from Norhio Plumbing. But here are two more:
- Over time, your water heater will build up sediment which can hinder its performance. The unit also can develop cracks in the combustion chamber and elsewhere that not only can lessen its efficiency but shorten its lifespan.
- A crack or leak in a gas water heater isn’t just a performance issue, it’s a safety issue. Gas and carbon monoxide leaks represent health hazards that are best avoided through regular inspections.
Here’s just some of what a water heater inspection by Norhio Plumbing can include:
- Check for water leaks. If your water heater develops a leak, it can lead to wasted water and expensive repairs and safety hazards in your home.
- Drain and flush your tank. Over time, sediment and mineral deposits build up on the bottom of your storage tank. Draining it periodically will improve system performance and help extend its lifespan.
- Test the temperature pressure relief valve. Your TP relief valve protects your unit from problems should the temperature or tank pressure exceed normal levels.
- Clean your burner assembly. A clean burner assembly will promote cleaner burning and help keep your gas bills to a minimum.
- Check for proper venting of combustion gasses. The goal is to ensure that combustion gases, including carbon monoxide, are safely being vented outdoors.
For enhanced indoor comfort, convenience, and safety, contact Norhio Plumbing today to request a water heater tune-up and safety inspection.