You Make Us Want to be the Best.
We’re a plumbing company, through and through. One established in 1973 by Herman and Eileen Bohinc.
Doing the math, that’s exactly 40 years, though our history goes back further than that. Herman remains as active as ever in the business and for several years has been ably assisted by sons Gary and Michael, both now officers of the company. And before we go any further, it’s vitally important to note that Norhio Plumbing wouldn’t be who we are today without our entire team of professional plumbers and client service specialists. It’s a total team effort.
Our kind of longevity doesn’t just happen. It comes from loving what you do, and demanding nothing but the best from yourself in all aspects of plumbing and client service. And nothing can better describe the Bohinc family and Norhio Plumbing better than that.
Here’s a little more about each family member:
- Herman Bohinc has been working in the plumbing-heating-cooling industry since the age of 14 when he started as an apprentice working for George Leventhal in his hardware store. He has worked full-time in the industry since he graduated in 1958. He has been a plumbing contractor since the early 1960s – first as a partner in Village Plumbing, then as a partner in Norhio Weathermatic and, since 1973, as owner of Norhio Plumbing, Inc. Herman is licensed by the State of Ohio in plumbing, hydronics, and HVAC. He is also state-certified in fire sprinklers and backflow prevention.
- Herman has held many positions over the years in state plumbing, HVAC, and construction associations, including the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors of Ohio, Master Plumbers’ League of Cleveland, and the Associated Builders and Contractors of Northern Ohio.
- Since 1994, Herman has served as the Chairman of the Plumbing Section of the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board (OCILB). The OCILB oversees the licensing of contractors in the State of Ohio.
- Herman is also a state-certified backflow prevention instructor and has been teaching backflow prevention for the past 29 years. He has won numerous awards for his tireless efforts and work in promoting the industry through the years. In 1987, he was the recipient of the President’s Award for the Greater Cleveland Master Plumbers’ League. In 1989, he was selected as the PHCC of Ohio’s Contractor of the Year and earned that honor again in 2010, making him the only two-time winner of this award. In 1995, he was awarded the PHCC of Ohio’s highest honor, the Contractor Service Award. This award is given to a member for their lifetime of service to their association, their industry and their community. In 2001, he received the Contractor Service Award again, making him the only two-time winner of this award as well.
- Throughout his career, Herman and his wife Eileen have given back to the community through a number of charitable causes. They have worked with the local food pantry to help make sure families in need had Christmas gifts for their children. For over 20 years, they have sponsored the annual “Celebration of Children” Picnic at Blossom Time in Chagrin Falls. It’s an event that allows children with special needs the opportunity to experience a carnival in a comforting setting. They contribute annually to the Cleveland Scholarships Program (now called College Now of Greater Cleveland) helping Jimmy Malone, co-host of WMJI 105.7’s “Lanigan & Malone” send deserving kids to college. They contribute to fundraisers for the American Legion and the Greater Cleveland Peace Officers Memorial Society and support the American Cancer Society plus a number of other charities.
- Gary Bohinc is Norhio Plumbing’s Chief Operating Office and runs the company’s day-to-day operations. He is a journeyman plumber who started his plumbing career in 1983. He is licensed by the State of Ohio in plumbing, hydronics, and HVAC. Gary also is certified by the State of Ohio to install and test fire sprinkler systems and is certified to test backflow prevention devices.
- Michael Bohinc serves as the company Chief Financial Officer. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from Bowling Green State University. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Ohio. Michael entered the family business full-time in 1988. Before that, he worked in the tax & financial planning department of an international accounting firm for 2 years.
The rest of this web site is all about you: the countless families and businesses we serve throughout the Chagrin Valley and Western Reserve. We hope to earn that opportunity with you, as well. To learn more about what we do and how we work hard every day to make your home life more comfortable, convenient, and safer, please keep reading.